Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Who the hell updates these days?

Not I, good sir!

No seriously, I have the attention span of a goldfish and don't remember half the things I'm supposed to do - look! shiney penny!

In all seriousness, I'll try to update things as good as I can, and hopefully update the blog from now on.

Last update was in May. So here we go..

Not much happened.

Didn't have the money to do any shows until August. So save costs, I pulled all 4 of Symbah's shoes in July. Then showed the CNE in August. It just wasn't amazing and I think the lack of shoes was really bugging him as he just didn't have the 'oomph'. It wasn't a terrible show, but not successful.

Fast forward to September, and my barn owner moved facilities. Bigger place, pretty spiffy but needed (or needs) a LOT of good ol TLC. No worries, it looks really nice now. When you have a facility, there will always be maintenance. No biggie!

So I've been working Symbah pretty regularly, and I have an amazing part-boarder who treats Symbah like a king. Together, we work really well to keep him fit and working correctly. She is more dressage-based and is a stickler for the flat work. I'm really excited to see them this summer and hope she has an opportunity to show him atleast once!

Symbah has been clipped for the second time since October in his attempt to be a silly mammoth (he will not win). Christmas is around the corner which means January is coming.. meaning winter shows!
Hoping to do a jumper schooling show January 20th.. fingers crossed!

I'll try to be more update-savvy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment