Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Fathers Day! And Happy Birthday!

First of all,

Happy Father's Day to a great man. He can be a little rough around the edges, argue his points til he's blue in the face and make sure to correct you when you've made a mistake.

He's also a very kind, loving man who loves animals and does his best to help.

My dad has always been quietly in the background, giving false scowls of disapproval when I chose to go to the barn instead of out with friends, talk endlessly about the dramas in the horseworld and put majority of my pay checks to that four-legged animal.
But he's also the man who has stood behind me, and supported me, since the first day I sat on Symbah. Who went to my horse shows even before I had Symbah, who cheered me on and never failed to remind me how proud he was of me even if we didn't have a good day at the show. He's my voice of reasons on days I blindly jump into grand ideas which, in reality, aren't.

He went to my early shows, and rooted me on for every class I went in, even if he didn't understand the difference between a Road Hack and a Show Hack, or why we didn't pin when galloping around a course looked so much more fun than those silly horses loping around.
When I would go into a panic late the night before a show because I couldn't find my breeches or showshirt - and quickly find out he'd folded them on my bed. Or taking a button off his suit jacket to put on my show jacket when I had gone into full panic mode the day before a show. A simple gesture meant so much to me that day.

He helps me more than I've thanked him for. From fixing flymasks, to sewing rips in breeches.. to wishing me luck at every single show I've gone to. And always asks me how I've done afterwards.
But always, always, he tells me how proud he is no matter the outcome of the day. And some days (or most days) I don't think I sit back and really appreciate everything he has done for me like I should do. So here I am, trying to write my thoughts out here, so you'll have to forgive me if things seem jumbled. I'm not so great with my words.

He's my biggest fan and I am so happy to have such a loving, doting father like I do. And I'm sorry I don't say that enough, because I really should.

So thank you, Dad. Thank you for being there for me, thank you for quietly putting gas in the car, for saving the day before a show, for sending me those little messages wishing me luck at shows, for always pushing for me to do better and improve myself. For believing in me when sometimes I didn't believe in myself. Thank you for making me a stronger person, for being proud of who I am and who I can become if I put my mind to it. I hold onto your words when I feel weak, I remind myself that I have people who believe in me and that makes me a better person in the end.

I don't say it enough, but thank you.
Thank you, and I love you.







And Happy Birthday to my big guy, Symbah! He's 9 years old now. It's been a long 8 years full of ups and downs, bruised egos, uphill battles, as well as success, fun, smooth sailings and lots of learning.

I am so very grateful to have such a great family and wonderful friends and animals in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment